And by that, I don’t mean emotional hype or baseless self-esteem affirmations – I mean seeing their true value and ability come into clear focus, with a growing recognition that they had something truly worthwhile to offer.
One of the joys of my Clarity Therapy work is seeing gifted and experienced people begin to see themselves in a new light. I find that an outside set of eyes is almost always quite necessary to wipe the fog off the mirror so that we can see ourselves more clearly.
Let’s be honest – for most of us, the default setting is self-doubt. We know we could be doing more valuable work, but no-one has sold us on how that might look in a different role or direction. And we’re hesitant to believe that we can really make that step. We find it hard to sell ourselves on ourselves, or on our own company.
How is that overcome? Here’s how I do it in Clarity Therapy sessions:
– We discover your unique DNA – that specific set of strengths and skills that you need to build your direction on.
– We create a message around it that you can wholeheartedly affirm and believe in. It’s amazing what power is contained in a few well-chosen and accurately-targeted words.
– We explore what direction that might take (instead of just looking at someone else’s idea of a predefined company role or career ladder).
– We weave the past, present, and future into a story that highlights the real you (this also is critical in selling yourself – when you see how the threads actually DO come together).
– We re-create all messaging on resumes, websites, LinkedIn, etc. to reflect the new message and direction.
The process and outcome is essentially the same for individuals and companies. But there’s this one mysterious and powerful deliverable that transcends all changes in strategy and wording. It’s the most marvelous outcome of all – confidence.
When you’re sold on yourself, you can then sell yourself and your offerings. And the better you understand your identity and direction, the more confidently you sell; resulting in more validation from your customers, and an even greater growth in confidence.
All because you’ve finally got clarity.
(Image credit: by David Smith via Wikimedia)
Hire Steve Woodruff for Clarity Therapy